If you want to learn the Oracle database installation in 10 minutes then, Here is the Step by step guide to learn Oracle database installation in 10 minutes.
I wanted to install the Oracle 11g Database software for my SAP ECC system, So I’m continuing with installation:
- Download all the required Dumps / Installers for installing Oracle 11g Database.
- Extract the installers and check for basic prerequisites like.. required disk space, system resources etc..
- Login as oracle user or for SAP system login as oraSID user.
- Set DISPLAY Variable.
- Go to installers directory i.e. /oracle/stage/112_64/database/SAP.
- Start ./RUNINSTALLER.
- Now you will get a below screen of Oracle database installation.
- Enter your E-mail ID or Press Next to skip.
Step by step guide to learn Oracle database installation in 10 minutes.
- Enter your Oracle support user details for getting updates of ORACLE database OR click on Skip software updates and do NEXT.
- There are 3 options of database installation which are:
Create and configure a database.
Install database software only.
Upgrade an existing database.
Now for my SAP ECC system, i just wanted to install the database software so, Selecting Install database software only.
- Select the type of database installation :
Single instance database installation.
Oracle Real Application Clusters database installation.
Oracle RAC One Node database installation.
- Selecting Single instance database installation.
- Select the Language.
- Select the Database edition do you want to install.
- Specify the path to place all Oracle software and configuration related files.
- Specify a directory for installation files and Operating system group whose members have write permission to the inventory directory.
- SYSDBA and SYSOPER privileges are required to create a database using operating system (OS) authentication. Membership in OSDBA grants the SYSDBA privilege, and membership in OSOPER grants the SYSOPER privilege, which is a subset of SYSDBA privileges. Select the name of the OSDBA group to grant the SYSDBA privilege. The user account you are using to run this install must be a member of this group.
- Checking and verifying that the target environment meets minimum installation and configuration requirements for Oracle.
- Complete the required prerequisites to proceed the installation.
- Check the summary of all given inputs.
- The installation process is started.
- Execute the following configuration scripts from “root” user.
- Open the new terminal or new putty session.
- Login as “root”.
- Execute the “/oracle/oraInventory/orainstRoot.sh” configuration script.
- Now “/oracle/SID/11203/root.sh” configuration scripts, Once the both configuration scripts are executed successfully then return to this window and click “OK” to continue.
- The Oracle database installation completed successfully.
Now continue to SAP installation, All the best.. 🙂