I wanted to use the Hyper-V on my windows 2k12 Std R2 server So, i have installed the Hyper-V role but after installing the Hyper-V role, I’m not able to see the Hyper-V Manager.
The Hyper-V role is installed on the server but the “Remote Server Administration Tools” is not installed thus not able to use or see the the Hyper-V manager Because in the Hyper-V, the Hyper-V Manager, Virtual machine Connect etc. all these are the Management tools and these are available in the “Windows Feature”
So, Follow the below steps to install the Hyper-V Management Tools:
1. Open the Server Manager >> click on the Manage menu >> click Add Roles and Features.
2. Select your Installation Type and click Next.
3. Select the server you want to install the tools >> click Next.
4. Select Features from the left pane.
5. In the Features selection pane >> open Remote Server Administration Tools >> open Role Administration Tools.
6. Under Hyper-V Management Tools >> select the appropriate tools >> click Next.
7. Confirm that the appropriate tools will be installed >> then click Install.
8. Reboot the server.
After rebooting the server you will be able to use the Hyper-V Manager :).