If you are not able to format your USB Flash Drive / Pen Drive because of Virus or any other problem then follow the below steps to format USB flash drive using MS-DOS.
1. Go to Start >> All Program >> Accessories >> Command Prompt.
2. Enter the following command:
Note: Replace “X:” with the letter of your USB Flash Drive.
You can use “diskpart” to list all drive letters.
3. If you want to format it as FAT32 then type:
format X: /FS:FAT32 Press ENTER.
4. When it’ll asks for pressing Enter again, just press it to confirm.
5. After doing this it will prompt you to enter a name for the drive, enter the name and press Enter.
Thank You 🙂