A Solution for How to fix “.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.”
If you are getting the “Bad Image” error, and it shows:
C:\Windows\system32\apphelp.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.and after showing this “BAD Image” error, if it is working slowly.
Then follows the below steps to resolve your “BAD IMAGE”, “C:\Windows\system32\apphelp.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.” error.
This error message occurs when there are some system files got corrupt on the computer. So in order to resolve your issue, you can run a SFC scan which will scan the corrupt system files in your computer and replace them.
Follow the below steps to perform SFC scan and for How to fix “.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.”
1. Click on the Start button.
2. Start >> All programs >> Accessories.
3. In the Accessories menu >> Right Click on the Command Prompt >> Click on the ‘Run as administrator’
4. If you have the User Account Control (UAC) enabled on your computer, then it will be asked for authorization to run the command prompt, just click on the Continue button if you are an administrator or If not then enter the administrator password to continue.
5. In the Command Prompt window, type:
#sfc /scannow and press Enter.
6. Then it’ll show the message like ‘the system scan will begin’
7. Please wait because the scan will take some time to complete the scanning.
8. If any files are required replacing then SFC will replace them. It may be asked to insert your Operating System Installation CD/DVD to repair/recover the corrupted files then Insert the CD/DVD.
9. If everything is okay after the scan, see the following message “Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations”
10. After the scanning, Close the command prompt window and restart your computer and check is your problem resolved or not.
After following the above troubleshooting steps, then you are also getting the same error, then you check that in the safe mode also you have a similar issue.
Follow below Steps to boot your computer into Safe mode:
1. Restart your computer.
2. Press F8 key continually after your computer is powered on.
3. Then you’ll see the Advanced Boot Options menu, then use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
4. Select Safe Mode and press Enter button.
5. Then it’ll load all the drivers after that You’ll see the Welcome Screen.
6. Login to your computer Administrator account.
If you are not facing the similar issue in the safe mode then you clean the boot procedure and check if it works:
Reset the computer settings to start normally:
After completing the troubleshooting, Please follow the below steps to reset the computer:
1. Click Start >> RUN >> type msconfig.exe and press ENTER.
2. If it is asking for an administrator password or for confirmation, then type your administrator user password, or click Continue.
3. On the General tab >> click on the Normal Startup option >> then click OK.
Then it’ll prompt for your computer restart, click Restart.
It May solve your problem J