As an junior SAP BASIS, If you don’t know the installation of SAP ECC System, And if you want know or learn the SAP ECC installation then here is the Very Easy Step by Step SAP ECC installation guide with screenshots in 3 parts to make it easy to understand to every newbie or who is interested to learn the SAP Installations.
Below are prerequisites for ECC system installation:
Prepare one system with correct Hardware Sizing.
Install the Operating System with correct partitioning.
Install JDK application.
Set environment variables for JAVA_HOME.
Download the below installers from SAP site:
3.ERP Installation Export
4.Oracle RDBMS Setup
1.Run sapinst.exe to start SAP ECC Installation:
2. Select correct option to initiate setup:
- SAP Business Suite 2005 >> SAP ERP 6.0 Support Release 3 >> SAP Application Server ABAP >> Oracle >> Central System >> Central System.
- Choose whether you want to run the SAPinst in a typical or a custom mode.
- Enter the SAP System ID.
- Enter the DNS domain name for the SAP system to calculate the fully qualified domain name (FQDN)
- Enter the master password for all users.
- Enter the database parameters.
Select the Database installation type, Whether you want to install the Single instance with few options or Database RAC.
- Enter the location of the UC Kernel NW 7.20 / 7.21
- Read the results of the prerequisites and complete all the prerequisites before continuing the installation because, SAP strongly recommend to fix the prerequisites before starting the installation.
- Enter the location of ECC Export 1.
- Enter the location of ECC Export 2.
- Enter the Parameters of the Database system i.e. Database Server Version and Database Client Version.
The Advanced Database Options you can keep default or you can set as per your requirement.
- Enter the DB Home path for Database system.
- Enter the Instance Memory Management and Database Schema Parameters as per your need or keep as Default.
- Enter the location of Oracle RDBMS 112 installers.
- Enter the Listener Name and Port OR keep as Default.
- Enter the location of Oracle Client 112 installers.